10 Refreshing Garden Cafe Drinks for Summer Months
Want to learn about the best garden cafe drinks? If you’re looking for the perfect way to quench your thirst on a hot summer day, look no further than a garden cafe.
With their beautiful outdoor setting and fresh, locally sourced ingredients, garden cafes are the perfect place to relax and enjoy a refreshing drink.
Here are 10 delicious garden cafe drinks to try this summer:
Garden Cafe Drinks: Non-Alcoholic
Looking for a classic drink to enjoy at your next garden cafe visit? Try this refreshing and easy-to-make traditional lemonade recipe:
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (about 6 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 6 cups cold water
- Lemon slices for garnish (optional)
- In a large pitcher, stir together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the cold water and stir until well combined.
- Add ice to the pitcher to keep it chilled.
- Place a few lemon slices in each glass for garnish, if desired.
- Pour the lemonade into glasses and serve immediately.
This traditional lemonade recipe is sure to quench your thirst and cool you down on a hot summer day. Give it a try and enjoy the simple, delicious taste of freshly squeezed lemons.
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup sparkling water
- Ice cubes
- Fresh raspberries and mint leaves for garnish
- In a blender, puree the raspberries until smooth.
- Strain the raspberry puree through a fine mesh strainer into a small bowl, pressing the mixture to extract as much juice as possible.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sugar and lemon juice until the sugar has dissolved.
- Add the raspberry puree and sparkling water to the sugar mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fill two glasses with ice cubes and pour the raspberry mixture over the ice.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and mint leaves.
This raspberry cooler is perfect for hot summer days. The sweetness of the raspberries is balanced by the tartness of the lemon, making for a refreshing and flavorful drink. You can also substitute the sparkling water with soda water for a bit of fizz. Enjoy!
Nothing beats the heat of summer like a tall glass of lemonade, and adding lavender to it creates a refreshing and soothing drink. This recipe yields about 6 servings.
- 6 cups of water
- 1 cup of fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup of sugar
- 2 tbsp of dried culinary lavender buds
- In a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil, and then turn off the heat.
- Stir in the sugar until it dissolves and then add the dried lavender buds. Let the mixture steep for 20 minutes.
- Strain the lavender-infused simple syrup into a pitcher and add the remaining 4 cups of water and the lemon juice.
- Stir well and chill in the refrigerator for at least an hour before serving.
Serve over ice and garnish with a sprig of fresh lavender.
Sparkling Peach Green Tea
This delightful and refreshing drink is perfect for a summer afternoon. It combines the antioxidant benefits of green tea with the delicious sweetness of peaches. This recipe makes about 4 servings.
- 4 cups of brewed green tea, chilled
- 1 can of sparkling water
- 2 ripe peaches, pitted and diced
- 1 tbsp of honey
- In a blender, puree the diced peaches and honey until smooth.
- Strain the peach puree through a fine-mesh sieve, discarding any solids.
- In a pitcher, combine the chilled green tea and the sparkling water.
- Stir in the peach syrup and mix well.
Serve over ice and enjoy the sweet and bubbly goodness.
Garden Cafe Drinks: Alcoholic
Margarita is a classic cocktail that perfectly complements the garden cafe setting. This refreshing and zesty drink is a great way to cool down on a hot summer day.
To make a margarita, you’ll need:
2 oz tequila
1 oz lime juice
1/2 oz triple sec
Salt for the rim
Lime wedge for garnish
To make the drink, run a lime wedge around the rim of a glass, and then dip the rim in salt. Combine the tequila, lime juice, and triple sec in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into the salt-rimmed glass over ice. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Pimm’s Cup is a refreshing and fruity drink that’s perfect for a summer day at the garden cafe. This classic British cocktail is made with Pimm’s No. 1, a gin-based liquor, and is typically served with lemonade and fruit.
To make a Pimm’s Cup, you’ll need:
2 oz Pimm’s No. 1
3 oz lemonade
2 oz ginger ale
Cucumber, strawberry, and mint for garnish
To make the drink, fill a glass with ice and add the Pimm’s No. 1, lemonade, and ginger ale. Stir well and garnish with cucumber, strawberry, and mint.
Watermelon margarita is a sweet and refreshing twist on the classic margarita. This drink is perfect for hot summer days and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser.
To make a watermelon margarita, you’ll need:
2 oz silver tequila
1 oz lime juice
1 oz watermelon juice
1/2 oz triple sec
Watermelon slice for garnish
To make the drink, combine the tequila, lime juice, watermelon juice, and triple sec in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a glass over ice. Garnish with a watermelon slice.
Gin and Tonic
Gin and tonic is a classic drink that’s perfect for a summer day at the garden cafe. This drink is easy to make and is sure to quench your thirst on a hot day.
To make a gin and tonic, you’ll need:
2 oz gin
Lime wedge for garnish
To make the drink, fill a glass with ice and add the gin. Top with tonic water and stir. Garnish with a lime wedge.
Aperol Spritz is a popular Italian drink that’s perfect for a summer day at the garden cafe. This drink is made with Aperol, an orange-flavored liquor, and is typically served with prosecco and soda water.
To make an Aperol Spritz, you’ll need:
2 oz Aperol
3 oz prosecco
1 oz soda water
Orange slice for garnish
To make the drink, fill a glass with ice and add the Aperol, prosecco, and soda water. Stir well and garnish with an orange slice.
A mojito is a classic rum-based cocktail that is perfect for sipping on a warm summer day. Here’s how to make this legend of refreshing garden cafe drinks:
- 1 1/2 oz white rum
- 1 oz freshly squeezed lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 6-8 fresh mint leaves
- Soda water
- Crushed ice
- Lime slices and mint leaves for garnish (optional)
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the mint leaves with the simple syrup and lime juice.
- Add the rum and fill the shaker with ice.
- Shake well for about 10-15 seconds, or until the shaker is frosty.
- Fill a highball glass with crushed ice.
- Strain the cocktail into the glass.
- Top with soda water and stir gently to combine.
- Garnish with lime slices and mint leaves, if desired.
- Enjoy your delicious mojito!
This recipe is easy to make and yields a perfectly balanced mojito. The fresh mint and lime juice add a bright, tangy flavor to the sweet rum and soda. It’s the perfect garden cafe drink to sip on while enjoying a sunny afternoon.
Garden Cafe Drinks: Conclusion
In conclusion, garden cafes provide the perfect ambiance for enjoying refreshing and delicious drinks. Using locally sourced ingredients and offering seasonal options, garden cafes like Stanmer House provide a unique and memorable experience. From non-alcoholic options like the classic lemonade to the more adventurous cocktail options like the Mojito and Margarita, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
So, the next time you visit a garden cafe, be sure to try out their specialty garden cafe drinks. You won’t be disappointed! And if you happen to be in the Brighton area, come to Stanmer House’s garden cafe to enjoy our range of drinks made with fresh, locally-sourced ingredients. Cheers to garden cafe drinks and the delightful experience they provide!